What is Medicare Supplement Plan or Medigap?
Medicare Parts A and B provide insurance coverage for health-related expenses, but they don’t cover all of the health care costs you may have. A Medicare Supplement plan, sometimes called “Medigap,” is a private insurance policy that can help pay for some of the health care costs that Medicare doesn’t cover. This can include out-of-pocket expenses such as copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
Medicare A和B部分為與健康相關的費用提供保險，但它們並不涵蓋您可能擁有的所有醫療保健費用。 Medicare 補充計劃（有時也稱為“ Medigap”）是一項私人保險政策，可以幫助支付Medicare不能涵蓋的某些醫療保健費用。這可以包括自付費用，例如共付額，共同保險和自付額。
With health care and out-of-pocket costs for Medicare participants on the rise, a Medicare Supplement plan can help set your mind at ease.
What does a Medicare Supplement Plan cover?
Medicare Supplement plans are designed to help pay for the costs that you would normally pay out of your own pocket. But the costs and benefits will depend on which Medicare Supplement plan you select. They include:
Medicare 補充計劃旨在幫助您支付通常需要自掏腰包的費用。但是成本和收益將取決於您選擇的Medicare 補充計劃。它們包括：
• Plan A: This plan includes basic benefits to help with copayments for services covered under Medicare Parts A and B.
• Plan B: Available only in Pennsylvania, this plan provides the same benefits as Plan A but also pays your Medicare Part A hospital deductible.
• Plan F: This plan offers the most coverage of all our Medicare Supplement plans. It covers all out-of-pocket costs for medical expenses covered by your Medicare Supplement insurance. Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, this plan will no longer be available to those becoming newly eligible for coverage.
• Plan G: Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, Plan G will be the go-to plan for new Medicare enrollees. It includes the same basic benefits as Plan F, including Part B excess charges and Foreign Travel Emergency coverage.
• Plan N: This is our middle-of-the-road coverage offering. Under Plan N, you’ll pay a lower premium in exchange for taking on a small annual deductible and some copayments. It covers your Medicare Part B copays, as well as your hospital deductible, copays, and coinsurance.
Am I eligible for a Medicare supplement plan?
You can apply for a Medicare Supplement plan policy if you are age 65 or over and enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. The one-time Open Enrollment period, which begins on the first day of the month an individual is 65 or older and enrolled in Part B provides for guaranteed issue. Individuals under age 65 eligible for and enrolled in Part B; are not eligible for a guaranteed issue unless they have lost or are losing creditable coverage. In some states, Medicare Supplement insurance policies are available to people with disabilities who are under the age of 65.
如果您年滿65歲或以上並參加了Medicare A和B部分，則可以申請Medicare補充計劃。一次性開放註冊期限是當月的第一天開始滿65歲以上且有B部分中提供了有保證的問題。 65歲以下的個人有資格參加B部分；除非他們已經丟失或正在失去可信的承保範圍，否則沒有資格獲得擔保。在某些州，Medicare 補充計劃保險政策適用於65歲以下的殘疾人。